Posted by Tree In A Box on 12th Apr 2017
Any day where you plant a tree or spend time appreciating trees is a great day but May 16th, National Love a Tree Day, holds a special place in the hearts of all of us at Tree In A Box. While the origins of this special day might be a mystery, the benefits of trees are not. Trees have many benefits, they provide us clean air to breathe, they shade is from the summer sun, and they protect from erosion and water run off. With all the great things that trees do for us, taking a day to honor their purpose and show them how much we love them shouldn't be too much to ask.
National Love a Tree day is a great way to appreciate the significance of trees and what they do for the Earth. We know what trees give us, here are a few ways you can show your appreciation and love of trees:
1. Use less of them: upcycle your scrap paper and recycle what you cannot reuse. At work, print only essential documents and if you have to print, print double sided.
2. Give them a cool drink of water: In the Pacific Northwest, we do not have to worry about watering our trees just yet but other areas are not so lucky.Trees need an average of 10 gallons of water per inch of trunk diameter.It takes patience and time but the result is a regular root soaking will make a world of difference to a tree’s long-term health.
3. Plant a tree: The inspiring wisdom found in this old Chinese proverb, "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” is right on point.A tree planted today will be enjoyed for decades to come.Just think your grandchildren and great grandchildren can be relaxing on a hot summer day enjoying the shade of the tree that you plant today.
4. Hug a tree: That might sound odd but trees have been known to improve concentration levels, lower depression and stress, and help us heal faster. Release your inner “tree hugger” and show a tree some love.
5. Enjoy their offerings: Sit under their branches and enjoy their shade.Climb their limbs to play or read a book.Or just walk around looking at their beauty. What kinds of trees are in your neighborhood?
Send a tree to a friend, make it event more special by sending a tree in a box special occasion themed tree kit.
While studies have not proven that the wireless radiation from all those Wi-Fi routers out there are harmful to humans. Sadly the same can not be said for our closest neighbors, the trees. A study performed by Wageningen University investigated strange findings where trees in areas with high Wi-Fi activity (urban areas of course were the worst [...]
Plant a Mother’s Tree for Mother’s Day Mother’s Day is this weekend and while looking for great gift ideas for my mother and mother-in-law, something more creative than flowers or brunch, I came across the history of Solan Parkes and the Mother’s Tree.Solan Parkes, among being things like a conservationist and originator of The Forest Guides, he [...]
Green WeddingsIt's your special day and if you are like my wife, you have your ideal wedding planned out in your mind (or a giant binder full of pages with pictures of dresses, cakes, flowers, and favors. When you envision your wedding, does it include Eco-friendly [...]
What Happens to Your Trade Show Swag?Ever wonder what happens to the swag you pass out at trade shows? With a limited budget for marketing, it is critical to spend your dollars wisely and not invest in items that will just end up in the landfill.You have to choose products that will remind potential customers of your [...]
Happy International Plant Appreciation DayApril is full of great ways to celebrate our earth and do good things for our environment. On April 13th, we invite everyone to celebrate International Plant Appreciation day with us by planting a tree. International Plant Appreciation Day is a celebration of the numerous benefits of plants outside, in our homes, and at our places [...]
The Tree of Life has been talked about and depicted for centuries. In more recent times, a collaborative effort among eleven institutions to depict relationships among living things as they diverged from one another over time. The tree traces back the beginning of the life on Earth more than 3.5 billion years ago.This particular depiction is a combination of [...]
For many years Tree In A Box has offered personalized Wedding kits for wedding favors and guest gifts. We have now created a new set of specially designed birthday themed seals that are perfect for birthday guests of all ages. These nature inspired party favors make meaningful guest gifts. Each seed kit will grow [...]
GROW YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS TREE Tree In A Box's grow your own Christmas tree is now available for ordering!The Grow Your Own Christmas Tree Kit is specially designed with a bright and colorful packaging perfect for the holidays. Makes a great host(ess) gift, stocking stuffer, teacher gift, employee gift, and much much more. [...]